SilverOnyx is looking for a software developer with a proven track record creating software products that help to streamline business and pave the way for growth. This is a new position in our company that will hold a key role as we build out our IT team, our infrastructure, and new business-facing applications. You will participate in key areas of software development by helping to create the infrastructure, software, and IT practices to allow the business to scale.
Who Are We?
SilverOnyx is a fast-growing, master ecommerce seller with multiple brands and rapidly expanding product lines. We’re extremely passionate about scientific marketing, and we make deliberate decisions based on hard data from A/B testing. We’re looking for people that want to grow with us and join an all-star team of fast-paced ecommerce experts. We are building applications and infrastructure to automate and scale our business. Our tech stack currently includes PostgreSQL, Express JS, REACT, and Nodejs.
At SilverOnyx, you’ll find a very friendly and supportive work environment. We’ve got great benefits that include healthcare coverage, 401K contribution matching and profit sharing, a flexible schedule, and 17 days of paid time-off each year. We even offer partial tuition reimbursement for college or ongoing education.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Create software apps and tools that meet the business’s needs
- Help to inform our relational database strategy including design, maintenance, and security
- Collecting and providing new data to the company’s decision makers
- Proactively identify and determine fixes for problems or bugs
- Contribute architecture input to new application components
- Providing mentorship to other members of the team and guidance to the organization
- Helping the business use technology to run more efficiently
- Automation of business tasks and essential operations
- Utilizing your experience to solve problems for the business
You should apply for this position if you have
- 4+ years software development experience
- expertise in consuming and building REST APIs
- experience with PostgreSQL/relational Databases
- want to play a key role in a fast-growing company
- familiarity with and working knowledge of REACT
- the ability to help guide the development of our IT infrastructure and practices
You may have a leg up on other candidates if you
- have a BS in CS (or related) is preferred
- love learning and admit that you don’t already know everything
- consider “adaptability” and “willingness to help”among your strengths